Christopher has authored the following books or audiovisual resources:
This book provides resources for Persbyterian occassions of worship that are sensitive to the issue of mental illness and those who are affected by it.
This book focuses on ways to enhance sensitivity within a congregational setting around serious mental illness. It is designed as a Bible studies series but may be used in a variety of ways.
A video that accompanies the above resource for those wanting to use it for presentation as a series with youth.
and contributed to a chapter or other significant portion of the following books:
A book that provides self-help ideas for men to address relationship issues that are important to women.
A book that provides liturgical resources for a variety of life events and seasons. Christopher contributed liturgies sensitive to those affected by serious mental illness.
- "Churches: Caring Comunity Within the Community?" in A. Christopher Hammon and Vicki L. Hollon, eds, Mental Illness: A Spiritual, Emotional, and Physical Perspective Online Conference (Louisville: Wayne E. Oates Institute, 1999)
A book that explored a variety of perspectives on mental illness.
He has also made the following professional presentations:
- Christopher L. Smith, "The Role of Religion in Psychoanalysis", Adler Institute, New York, NY, 2010
- Christopher L. Smith, "Importance of Collegiality for Counseling Professionals", Northeast Division of the American College of Counselors, New York, NY, 2009
- Christopher L. Smith, "Collegial Groups for Counselors", American Psychotherapy Association, Orlando, FL, 2006
- Christopher L. Smith, "New York City and a Post-9/11 World", Mission Conference, Elkhart, IN, 2002
- Christopher L. Smith, "Grief Following a Suicide", Indiana University, Fort Wayne, IN, 2001
- Christopher L. Smith, "Helping Clients with Mental Retardation Through the Grief Process", The Arc, LaGrange, IN, 2000
- Christopher L. Smith, "Personality Types and Religious Leadership", Northeast Quadrant of the Presbytery of Wabash Valley, LaGrange, IN, 2000
- Christopher L. Smith, "Children and Mental Illness - Implications for School Settings (Church, Sunday, Public)", McCormick Theological Seminary, Chicago, IL, 2000
- Christopher L. Smith, "Children & Youth and Mental Illness: Developments, Trends and Public Policy Considerations", McCormick Theological Seminary, Chicago, IL, 2000
- Christopher L. Smith, "The Brain Matters", Ghost Ranch National Conference Center, Abiqua, NM, 1997